Saturday, March 19, 2011

week 2! here we go.

Here we are in week 2 of this life changing experience and I have learned so much, just about life. 
I learned how to put a bed frame together. 
I learned how to cook a home cooked meal without being at home (definitely not the same).
I learned that no matter where I am in this world my family and friends back home will always want to know how I am doing.
I am learning how to make friends.
I am learning how it is like to be turned down from jobs.
I am learning that God doesn't have to show up just cause you are singing worship songs.
I am learning that in this world, more people believe that Jesus lived and died but didn't rise again.
I am learning that being a girl it is more dangerous for me to be by myself in this big city.
I am learning everyday that my heart will long for different and new things everyday.
I am learning that to be a good person, I will have to actually have to try and not be a bad person.
I am learning that home is always where my heart will be.


Learning new things can be exciting, stressful, beautiful, amazing, hurtful, and if you let it, more than you want to learn. But that's the beauty of it all, I want to be broken for new (good) things to be brought in my life. I am willing to be on my face for new things to come into my life. I thought I was desperate. I thought I was hungry for what I want. But I am just not showing my heart like I need to be. I am not doing enough to show God that, this, this is really what I want. 


I would rather be the poorest, hungriest, most desperate girl on this earth and be filled with his presence everyday, than to be the most wealthy, most beautiful, most care free and have what a everyday Christian has. I don't want to settle for ordinary anymore. I want to be set-apart from what we call ourselves. I want to be the girl that sets an example. 


I was born a leader. I was never, nor will I ever be, a follower.
"I will lead my generation to the promise land." 


and this is the life of 
Kelbidonne.

No comments:

Post a Comment